Lately I’ve been in the mood to bake and decided to make some quick and easy cookies last night! As I mentioned, Steve is allergic to gluten and eggs so I always have to make sure whatever I’m making is free of both. I love to check out Rachel Mansfield’s website for flavor ideas, she bakes with all real food, and once I find something that sounds delicious I alter the recipe a bit to work for us.
Steve looooves oatmeal cookies while I need something that tastes a little sweeter, so this oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie recipe was perfect for the both of us! It’s super easy and they taste AMAZING (even without the gluten & eggs). I’m sharing my version of the recipe below, let me know what you think!
*I’ve linked my favorite brands that I use but anything will work
1 tbsp Nature’s Way Coconut Oil
splash of vanilla
dash of cinnamon
2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Baking Flour <—-Best stuff EVER
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
half bag of Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl (I use my KitchenAid Mixer, it’s much easier to mix all the peanut butter)
- Mix the remaining (dry) ingredients in a medium bowl
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Form into small COOKIES not balls (since there isn’t any gluten or eggs these cookies will not expand much in the oven)
- Cook for 12 minutes
I know they might not be the prettiest cookies but I promise they taste amazing! Another bonus? Since they’re egg free you can safely eat the dough 😉 Enjoy!!