Has this week been dragginggg on for anyone else?? I feel like it’s been Monday for the past three days lol and all I want is the weekend!! I’ve also been so lazy with dinner this week, we’ve eaten out pretty much everyday. I wanted to share one of my all time favorite / quick dinner recipes, that also happens to be Whole30 approved, and hopefully it’ll encourage me to actually cook tonight.
I found this recipe last year while Steve and I were doing Whole30 and we’ve been obsessed ever since! I seriously make this at least three times a month. It’s so simple and doesn’t take long at all, plus it’s delicious and we always have left overs for lunch!
Prep Time: 10 min – Cook Time: 50 min – Total Time: 1 Hour
2 lbs chicken drumsticks
1 bunch of Cilantro – remove thick part of stems
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp seal salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup EVOO
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make the Chimichurri sauce: Combine cilantro, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in food processor. Blend until cilantro is chopped
3. Blend in the olive oil until all ingredients are mixed together
4. Save 1/4 cup of the Chimichurri sauce and keep in refrigerator for later
5. Pat the chicken dry and place in large bowl. Pour the remaining Chimichurri sauce over the chicken, mix with your hands (barf) I hate doing this part
6. Place drumsticks on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes
7. After 30 minutes, I usually pull my chicken out of the oven and add some veggies to cook for the last half. I did squash this time but I’ve also done carrots, onions and asparagus in the past.
8. Continue cooking for 20 more minutes and then broil on high for a few minutes at the end to get the outside of your chicken crispy
9. Serve hot and top with extra Chimichuri sauce
*Warning: Do not try to impress someone you’re newly dating with this recipe…the Chimichurri sauce COVERS your teeth!!
We’ll usually pair the chicken with some extra veggies and an avocado salad to make it the perfect meal. My favorite thing about this recipe (besides the Chimichurri sauce) is that I only have to use a few things in the kitchen so my cleanup time is super quick AKA more time for me to watch Housewives on the couch 🙂